REGISTRATION UPDATE (as at 8 January 2021): Half season registration of $80 is now available via the LANSW website for the following age groups only - U6 Girls, U8 Girls, U10 Boys, U11 Girls, U11 Boys, U12 Boys and all U13 to U17 age groups. Click here to determine your child's age group according to their year of birth. The second part of the season starts on Saturday 16 January and ends on Saturday 20 March 2021.
U6 Boys, U7 Girls, U7 Boys, U8 Boys, U9 Girls, U9 Boys, U10 Girls and U12 Girls age groups reached their COVID safe maximum capacity earlier in the season and are currently closed. We are waiting on confirmation that the maximum number of participants for community sport will increase in 2021 before re-opening any of these age groups.
INFORMATION REGARDING 2020/2021 SEASON
Everyone is aware of the disruptions to family, school and work life due to COVID-19 and the impact this has had on community sport. NSW Government health restrictions apply to outdoor activities and public gatherings with recent updates regarding community sport limiting the maximum number of participants to 500 including athletes, officials and spectators (as at 1 July 2020).
Being mindful of the health and wellbeing of our athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and extended families, the Committee has decided to apply the following measures to comply with current Public Health Orders and Little Athletics NSW guidelines:
* REGISTRATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO 40 ATHLETES for each age group (eg 40 in U6 girls and 40 in U6 boys)
* A MAXIMUM OF 20 PARENTS/CARERS MAY ASSIST with each age group at Saturday morning competition (ie 20 for the girls & 20 for the boys)
* NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED at Saturday morning competitions
* Saturday morning competition will run over two staggered sessions with U6 to U9, 8.15-9.30am and U10 to U17, 10:00am-approx 12pm
* All athletes and volunteers must check in and check out when attending competition and training at KGO using a QR code
* Tiny Tots (4 year olds) will not open until further notice
* No waiting lists will be maintained. As in previous seasons, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis via the Little Athletics NSW website. Any further opportunities to register will be advertised on our website and Facebook page
* Training on Tuesday afternoons for U8-U17 and Thursday afternoons for U12-U17 will operate as usual
* No trialling this season
* Physical distancing measures and cleaning/hygiene protocols will be implemented at all track and field events as well as the Canteen
The Committee will continue to monitor and act on the most up to date health and sport association guidelines with any change to the Saturday morning competition structure to be reviewed once restrictions are lifted to 1,000 outdoor participants. Any changes will be communicated by email to registered families and shared on our website and Facebook page.
Registration opened via the LANSW website on Saturday 15 August. Note that the registration fees for the full seson of 2020/21 was $145.
If you are eligible for the $100 active kids voucher this needs to be applied during the registration process as it cannot be redeemed retrospectively.
For athletes in the U12 to U17 age groups the registration fee includes membership of the Balmain Athletics Club which allows athletes to compete at all Athletics NSW competitions.
Registration number distribution & uniforms
You can collect your registration pack at the Info Desk in the Club Room between 7.45-8am (for U6-U9s) or 9.45-10am (for U10-U17s) on Saturday competition days.
All new athletes must show a proof of age document (eg birth certificate or passport). A photo on your smartphone is acceptable. You can also upload a photo of the proof of age document online.
A parent/carer from each family (other than Age Managers) must sign up to assist in the Canteen or on the BBQ once during the season.
If you need a new Club singlet you can purchase one on our new online uniform shop and pick it up via the "contactless" process before compeition starts.
Our start of season newsletter set out further details including important information about the applicable COVID safe measures.
2020/2021 season commencement
The 2020/2021 season began with a Junior Intro Day for all our U6, U7, U8 & U9 athletes on Saturday 19 September 2020 at King George Oval (KGO), Manning street, Rozelle from 8.15am. The first competition day for ALL age groups was Saturday 26 September.
To keep up to date with the Club, visit our publicly accessible Facebook page.
Thank you for your interest in Balmain Little Athletics.
Balmain Little Athletics Committee
For more information contact: